Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Family blames fiancé as lady gets electrocuted, a month to her wedding - Punchng

  Delta State indegene, Loretta Ewere, 35, was electrocuted at Segun Tolani’s home on Ajoke Kazeem Street, Idimu,
Lagos State, on Saturday, while he was fixing an electrical fault. She was said to have been rushed to a private hospital in the area but was rejected before being confirmed dead at the Igando General Hospital.

The lovers had scheduled their wedding for November and preparation was in top gear when tragedy struck.  A resident said, “Tolani, from Ekiti State, had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didn’t have electricity in his house.

He wanted to do it himself, but neighbours advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.

He mounted the ladder on the wall and called Ewere from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand. While he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted.”

An electrician was said to have been invited, who then disconnected the power. Ewere fell down and hit her head against the concrete floor. People tried to resuscitate her by giving her milk; but she didn’t come round. A lot of time had been wasted.

She was rushed to a private hospital in the area, but she was rejected. We took her to the general hospital, where she was confirmed dead.” Charles, a relative of Ewere, blamed the incident on Tolani’s stinginess. He said, “They did their introduction four years ago and since then, they had been staying together.

Their marriage was slated for November and the two families have bought clothes and sent invitation to people. It was his stinginess that killed her. If he had paid someone to fix the electrical fault, this would not have happened.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment


All content provided on dizboy is for informational purposes only. Every dizboy member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.